They are exciting times for Girl Scouts and cookie enthusiasts alike. The current launch from the Girl Scout Digital Cookie program enables participating councils and troops to simply accept debit and credit payments for online cookie orders, and also to ship out orders to buyers. This e-commerce experience will prove helpful to scouts, and can unquestionably increase sales, but it’s only area of the card acceptance equation. There’s presently no official service provided by the lady Scouts to simply accept charge card payments personally, but there are a variety of choices to consider.
Two decades ago the thought of handing your charge card to some Girl Scout in return for cookies might have appeared far-fetched. However the payments industry has made great strides recently, and Girl Scouts – innovative, smart entrepreneurs that they’re – are adapting using the occasions. Many shoppers don’t carry money with them any longer, as well as less have a checkbook. Just about everyone has wallets filled with plastic, however that doesn’t mean our appetite for Somoas has decreased. Then when Girl Scout cookie months are here, you want to have a similar payment convenience present in our daily retail lives. Luckily, but for the Women Scouts, it’s never been simpler to simply accept debit and credit card payments.
Table of Contents
Phone-Based Mobile Payments for Girl Scout Cookie Sales
This is the way Girl Scouts are likely to simply accept card payments. With simply a smartphone or perhaps a tablet, you are able to accept payments everywhere which has data service or a web connection. Some providers (like PayPal Here) will need you to make use of a card readers that attaches for your headphone jack (generally this really is free, coming per week approximately) to get the cheapest rates, other services like Flint Mobile make use of your device’s camera to deliver the credit card information and therefore don’t require any extra equipment.
Most mobile processing services don’t charge any monthly charges, so throughout the offseason you will not be billed whatsoever for that service, or will you need to cancel the account.
Invoicing for Girl Scouts
Some mobile-based card processors include invoicing abilities in their standard package, including Square and Flint. With this particular service, you are able to process orders and send emailed invoices rather of accepting payment personally. A great supplement towards the official Girl Scout Digital Cookie program, or instead of it in regions in which the programs hasn’t yet launched. Some Girl Scout chapters appear to possess rules against selling online, invoicing differs. This simply gives customers another payment option. Scouts will get a purchase from the buyer, tally the purchase, after which send a bill, instantly delivered via email. Following the buyer pays at their convenience, an order could be delivered.
To make sure that this practice is recognized from your particular regional rules, it’s best ask the right government bodies before utilizing e-invoice for Girl Scout Cookie Sales.
Researching Providers for Girl Scout Charge Card Payment Acceptance
Should you consume a couple of simple guidelines, locating a reliable and price effective payment processor for the troop’s Girl Scout Cookie sales is straightforward. Here are a few important factors:
- Charges: Odds are, you will not be selling $100K price of Girl Scout cookies every year, so you have to look for a service without any (or low) monthly charges with no monthly minimums.
- Contracts: Additionally you won’t being selling the cookies year-round, so it’s important to enroll in a no-commitment service that doesn’t have an extended contract and termination fee.
- Fair rates: When you won’t have the ability to entitled to the interchange-plus rates a bigger business would insist upon, it doesn’t hurt to complete some price comparisons to make certain the rates you’re getting are fair and using the industry average according to your volume.
- Reliability/Functionality: Don’t get too distracted by rate shopping, though. The reliability and functionality from the service are far more important factors. Reduced rates don’t mean much when the service isn’t functioning correctly.
- Mobility: Finally, you will need to look for a service that enables you to definitely process card payments on-the-go, with no costly additional equipment.
Whether you’ll be able to play in the Girl Scout Digital Cookie pilot program launched through the Girl Scouts this season, you need to you should consider accepting charge card payments personally. By helping your troop to pick a charge card processor, you are able to provide youthful scouts with helpful business knowhow that will permit these to approach the instalments industry with full confidence later in existence.
The sources on our website can assist you to lead the troop for an informed decision. Check out our top-rated mobile charge card processors. It’s an excellent beginning place while you consider which payment processing service will best meet your requirements for Girl Scout cookie sales. With only a smartphone along with a free application, you may be accepting payments everywhere within an hour or so.