A part of our work at Merchant Maverick is remaining on the top of recent developments and trends within the industries we cover. We learn so much from news articles, blogs, and message boards. A lot, actually, that you want to share our understanding along with you inside a more direct fashion.
Here’s phone most fascinating articles, forum posts, and websites the Merchant Maverick team continues to be studying in the last month.
- Here’s What American Entrepreneurs Really Seem Like [INFOGRAPHIC]
Square has come up with an infographic highlighting the astonishing diversity of America’s 28 million entrepreneurs as well as their companies.
- Startup World, Are You Able To Consider Real Ideas, Please?
Discover the variations from a startup along with a normal business.
- 3 Strategies for Finding out how to Delegate being an Entrepreneur Have you got difficulty delegating your important tasks? This short article presents strategies for understanding how to release.
- How Have You Get The First 100 Customers? Entrepreneurs share the way they got their first customers on Reddit.
- What’s an ISO? Find out more about probably the most common terms in a merchant account: ISO, or independent sales organization.
- “High Risk” Companies and Charge Card Processing Uncover why the word “High Risk” isn’t a reflection or indictment of the business. Also: Learn how to proceed if your company is considered high-risk.
- For Achievement on Amazon . com, Sell Your Personal Brands Thinking about branching out? This short article from Practical Ecommerce explains the best way to take advantage of selling your personal products on Amazon . com and presents a couple of strategies for getting began.
- Logistics Costs Hinder Omnichannel Services
Business Insider reveals that just 10% of internet retailers can earn profits while fulfilling omnichannel orders.
- US eCommerce Sales Grow 15.6% in 2016
Internet Store analyzes the U.S. Department of Commerce’s annual set of the eCommerce industry. Based on the article, eCommerce sales now take into account 11.7% of total sales.
Reason for Purchase/mPOS
- mPOS market likely to grow greater than 50% by 2020
In america, bigger retailers and a lot of acquisitions and mergers are fueling development in a very competitive field.
- Mobile Payments Likely to Grow Considerably by 2020
Mobile Wallets happen to be slow to determine adoption by consumers in addition to retailers. But, smartphone-based payment is forecasted to take into account $75 billion this season and also be by 80% by 2020.
- Connected Devices: The Brand New Reason for Purchase?
Visa and IMB will work together to merge IBM’s Watson IoT platform and Visa’s global payments services with the aim of allowing users to embed payments and commerce processes into just about any device. If effective, users can sell through devices for example cars, rings, and watches.
- Cybersecurity Trends in 2016: Ransomware In Place, Reason for Purchase Attacks Way Lower
The 2017 SonicWall Threat Report finds that although POS attacks have declined by 93% since 2014, the amount of ransomware attacks has dramatically elevated.
- 10 Small Company Tax Deductions You’re Most likely Missing
Searching to save cash this tax season? This short article lists key deductions that small company proprietors frequently overlook.
- Wave Launches Small Company Lending with OnDeck Partnership
Wave has announced a partnership with OnDeck, a small company loan provider. Now, Wave users can request loans directly from their Wave accounts. Read our full overview of Wave here and our overview of OnDeck here.
Loans and Finance
- The Key Weapon To Help You Obtain a Better Business Loan
Feeling at a loss for business loan requests? Nav’s Gerri Detweiler explains the way your accountant will help you get ready for a credit card applicatoin.
- What’s FinTech?
You might have began hearing people make use of the term “fintech” within the last couple of years, but what happens it really means? Discover what is really a fintech company, and just how these businesses might be able to strengthen your business.
- Three Good Reasons Small Company Proprietors Should choose Funding Before April 15
If you are considering acquiring business funding soon, Rohit Arora on Forbes recommends doing this before April 15.
- Credit lines: Online Lenders versus. Traditional Banks
Find out about the web site credit line provided by a web-based loan provider and something provided by a conventional bank. What’s best for the business?
- What Nobody Informs You About Taking VC Money
Business proprietor Tony Scherba explains why he didn’t take VC funding, and why other companies may want to skip out too. If you are thinking about VC funding, postpone prior-to reading this short article.
Highlights in the Merchant Maverick Blog
- Ways to get the most from Your Accounting Software This Tax Season
Daunted by taxes? Here’s using your accounting software to help make the job simpler. Don’t think your software can be the job? Discover if you want to switch software in this short article, or discover the best accounting software for taxes here.
- 7 Good reasons to Re-think Drop-shipping
Drop-shipping is a well-liked shipping technique that enables retailers to satisfy orders without ever folding a card board box. Sounds great, right? We aren’t so sure. Discover why.
- Exploring Square for Retail: The Greater Solution for Retailers?
In the following paragraphs, we check out what Square Retail offers and whether it’s well worth the cost. For more studying, take a look at our full Square review.
- SumUp Review and Unboxing the SumUp Card Readers We’ve been awaiting SumUp hitting American markets for some time, and it didn’t dissatisfy. Is that this the mobile POS for you personally?
Should you’d prefer to stay up with more essential industry news, take a look at a lot of our favorite sources:
- Business Insider
- Fast Company
- Harvard Business Review
- The Wall Street Journal
Have you read any interesting articles this month? Share your ideas within the comments!
The publish Business News along with other Tales for Feb 2017 made an appearance first on Merchant Maverick.